Monday, July 25, 2011

This Past Week (7/18-7/24)

This past week was another strong training week for me. I kept the same lifting schedule I've been on since mid-June, and will continue this schedule for another couple weeks. I have added 200 push-ups and 50 pull-up variations into my training every day. This has added both size and strength to my upper body. My goal is to complete 100 consecutive push-ups by the end of 2011 and 25 consecutive pull-ups by that time, as well. My PR's for both are 70 and 17, respectively.

On Saturday I did a three-minute dip challenge with Chris Shalvoy. It was a challenge put out on YouTube by Martin Rooney, where you do as many dips as you can in thee minutes, resting as you need to. You have to get to 90 degrees of elbow flexion at the bottom and lock out the elbows completely at the top. Shalvoy did 81 in three minutes and I did 60. While this may seem like a drastic difference, if you multiply our reps by our respective body weights, he beat me by a rep and a half. My goal is to hit 75 on this by the end of 2011.

Not much else happened this past week in my training world. I spent a lot of time studying anatomy and MAT every day, and my palpations are starting to get better.

That's all for this past week. Now it's time to go live this one.

Get big or die tryin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment