Monday, June 27, 2011

This Past Week (6/20-6/26)

This past week was the end of my recovery week and the beginning of my new phase of training. After having been sick all weekend and unable to eat for three days, my body weight dropped down to a slim 221. Not only that, but my strength was completely depleted. Nonetheless, I began the rebuilding process with squats on Wednesday, incline bench on Thursday, and deadlifts on Friday. Saturday I did some light lower body work and Sunday I took completely off.

On Tuesday I released a new article to the site, "Static Stretching to Improve ROM and Speed Recovery: Fact or Fiction?". As you can tell from the article, this piece is heavily influenced by my MAT training.

On Saturday I attended the Perform Better conference here in Chicago and met up with Todd Durkin, owner of Fitness Quest 10. He was presenting that afternoon, so I stuck around and listened to what he had to say. Todd is a great motivator and it was awesome being able to reconnect with him. While I was at the conference, I also had the opportunity to meet Martin Rooney and Bill Parisi. It was an incredible honor being able to chat with these two for a few minutes.

That's all for this past week. Now it's time to go live this one.

Get big or die tryin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment